Established in August 1998, Fisher Funds is a specialist investment manager with NZ$7.8 billion under management for more than 270,000 clients. These funds are managed on behalf of a diverse range of New Zealanders including community trusts, schools, charities, councils, KiwiSaver schemes, corporate pension schemes and individuals.
Fisher Funds was founded with two goals in mind:
- To deliver great investment returns by investing in good quality companies; and
- To demystify investing and make it enjoyable, understandable and profitable.
Our commitment to these goals has not wavered over time and we are more passionate than ever about delivering our clients a successful investing experience. We believe we bring several competitive advantages in managing investment portfolios:
- Fisher Funds' only business is providing the best investment solutions for our clients.
- As a majority New Zealand owned organisation, we are proud of our heritage and the values that the business was built on. Ownership, control and operations are all retained in New Zealand while we have gained access to international expertise and best practice.
- Fisher Funds is committed to investing responsibly. This means no investment in manufacturers of tobacco, weapons that cause indiscriminate and disproportionate harm, including nuclear armaments, and thermal coal producers. We then go a step further and ensure companies meet basic standards of good corporate conduct. To do this we supplement our own research with reports from leading global researcher MSCI. This research gives us more insight to better understand the severity of any questionable behaviour.
- We have a multi-layered, stable and highly qualified investment team exhibiting a strong track record for managing investment assets.
- Our directly held property fund is unique within the New Zealand marketplace. It can be classified as an alternative as it can produce returns that are uncorrelated with other asset classes.
- We are the proud recipient of the INFINZ Fund Manager of the Year 2016 — Bond award for New Zealand fixed interest. Based on both quantitative and qualitative measures, a written submission and an interview with an expert panel of judges was part of the selection process.
- Fisher Funds enjoyed success at the 2016 FundSource Awards, winning Fund Manager of the Year and also taking out the Australia Equity and International Fixed Interest sector awards. The FundSource Awards recognise excellence in the funds management industry. The selection criterion encompasses a number of factors including fund manager performance over the medium to long term, investing processes and qualitative analysis. Winning the overall Fund Manager of the Year award acknowledges the evolution of Fisher Funds into one of New Zealand's preeminent wealth management firms. Acknowledgement of our efforts in Australian Equities and International Fixed Interest is particularly satisfying. "The Australian economy continues to encounter challenges as it transitions away from a mining led economy and low and negative interest rates have required a complete rethink in managing fixed interest investments."